Swallow sidecars was started in 1922 by William Lyons and William Walmsley in Blackpool on the west coast of England. The company proved to be successful and soon had to move to larger premises. In 1927 the extended production to include bodies for the Austin Seven car. along with this new line they changed their name to the Swallow Sidecar and Coachbuilding Company. Again their quality products proved successful and they moved again to Coventry in 1928 and a year later they were producing bodies for Fiat, Standard and their own Swift chassis. In 1931 they introduced their first cars the SSI and SSII and in 1934 split the company into Swallow Coachbuilding Company (1935) Ltd to manufacture the sidecars, and S.S Cars for, well obviously car manufacture. In 1935 they produced the first Jaguar and went on from there. By the late 50s sidecar production had stopped.